Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Hey there!

I'm Helen Harper, mother of cats and one crazy dog, and author of various Urban Fantasy series. I'm from Scotland originally but I've lived all over the world and I constantly have itchy feet so I'm often to be found hopping on a plane to far-flung destinations. When I'm not indulging my love of physical travel, I let my imagination do it for me - hence all the books!

Here's a selection:



The first series I ever wrote (so it will always be my baby!) is Blood Destiny. The first book of five, Bloodfire, is free to read and follows an exceptionally talented - and exceptionally fiery - woman called Mack. She's been brought amongst a group of shapeshifters in rural Cornwall in England. Mack believes she's merely human but when the Pack Alpha is murdered and she investigates his death, she realises that there's far more to her own blood than meets the eye.







Ivy Wilde is the laziest witch in the world. She's supremely capable but more concerned with lying around on her sofa with her talking cat, Brutus, than she is with saving the world. That is until a case of mistaken identity forces her to work with the career orientated Raphael Winter anyway. Think cozy mystery meets Sabrina!

Slouch Witch is available on Kindle Unlimited.







Highland Magic is set in a splintered Scotland. The Highlands are free, ruled by a set of magical Clans. The Lowlands were over-run by daemons many years ago, and only the foolhardy cross into them.

Integrity Taylor was born into a powerful Clan in the Highlands - and then left abandoned and orphaned when her father murdered all her family. Now she lives a life of crime, part of a group of thieves, and has nothing to do with with her heritage. Until the other Clans come calling anyway...

Gifted Thief is the first book in the series.



I'm currently working on a fun series about faery godmothers - with a whole lot of office politics thrown in for good measure. Book three will be released in December and the final book should be out in February. You can find out more about them here.

I love nothing more than curling up with a good book and I read pretty much any and all genres so if you have any that you love, send their titles my way! My TBR list is ever-expanding but I always have time for a great read. And just because endings are awkward here's a photo of Lara Croft, one of my cats whose adventuring days are now abandoned in favour of a good snuggle.




xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment