Search This Blog

Monday, November 11, 2019

Vampire Hunters, Zombies, Steampunk & More!


Picture of Colleen Gleason 




Hi! I'm Colleen Gleason and I'm a genre-whore.

It's true. While I write several different Urban Fantasy-type of books, I also write in pretty much every other genre of fiction except for Horror. So, as I tell people, no matter what mood you're in to read, I probably have a book for you.

My first book came out in 2007 and since then I've published over 40 novels and novellas.

Here are a few of my most well-known series:









The Gardella Vampire Hunters
Basically, Buffy meets Jane Austen. In other words, what would have happened if a Jane Austen heroine found out she was a vampire hunter?

Five book series, all complete, and currently translated into eight languages and counting. The first book, The Rest Falls Away, is free at all retailers. There's also a spinoff series set in Roaring Twenties Chicago.






The Regency Draculia
If you were a fan of the BBC's short-lived Dracula TV series, my trilogy of sexy vampires in 19th-century London are for you. Think JR Ward's BDB in 1810 London and you'll get an idea.

The heroines are strong and don't hold back, and the vampires are sexy, badass, and one of them is very, very grumpy.

The first book is Dark Rogue: The Vampire Voss.







Stoker & Holmes
Sherlock Holmes's niece and Bram Stoker's sister (who is also a vampire hunter) team up in this YA series set in a steampunk London.

Throw in some Egyptian mythology, a sly and mysterious pickpocket, some time travel, and Miss Irene Adler and you've got what many people think is a super fun romp.

The final book was just released, so the series is complete. The Clockwork Scarab is the first book.










The Heroes of New Vegas
Cover for BEYOND THE NIGHT by Colleen Gleason
Here's where the zombies come in. :-) This is more of paranormal romance series than strictly Urban Fantasy, but it's all about the strong women who kick butt in their own ways.

Set in a post-apocalyptic Las Vegas, there are elements of science fiction and fantasy in this six-book series (also complete!) that was originally published as The Envy Chronicles under my pen name Joss Ware.

The first book, Beyond the Night, is currently free at all retailers.



I also write a ghost romance mystery series (Wicks Hollow) set in a small fictional town in Michigan, a mystery series set in Washington DC during the Lincoln presidency, and some historical romance novels set in medieval England.

I live in Michigan with my three dogs (two German Shepherds and a Papillon) and my husband. I spend my free time tooling around our small lake on a pontoon, cooking gourmet meals in the kitchen (and eating gourmet meals whether I've cooked them or not) doing New York Times crossword puzzles, taking care of my menagerie of plants, and, of course, reading.

You can find out more about all of my books at colleengleason.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment